Wednesday, April 16, 2014

RISE GOT A RISE OUT OF ME!

Although they are improving at a rapid pace, financially things have been better than they have in the last few years.  The economy has affected all of us in the middle class - the 'peasants' to those on Wall Street as I used to tell my children.  We are the peasants - they are the royalty.

I have been reestablishing my credit recently and have gotten my first new credit card.  But there are others lurking on the sidelines waiting to take my money.

Yesterday I opened a solicitation  from a company called Rise.  There catchphrase is 'We are here to help you Rise."  "we have already approved you for $2600.00 which can be deposited to your account as soon as tomorrow.  The process of applying is easy, just complete an online application - We believe that good customers with a good payment history should get special treatment.: . . ." it continues on and on!  Don't wait.
And apparently don't read the fine print.  "The Annual Percentage Rage (APR) for an example installment loan of $2600 is $224.36%" !!!.  When you pay 36 payments bi-weekly of $236.67 you actually end up paying $8496.00  A profit for them of $5896.00!  This is not only outrageous, but a CRIME!  What happened to the usury laws in this country.  Why is it so easy to prey on people who already are down and out.  And imagine what happens to these poor peoples' bank accounts when these outrageous bi-weekly payments start coming out.  And to their credit history - which they are trying to rebuild!

Buried on the back is a warning that this is an expensive form of credit and should be used with care.  That people with credit problems should seek credit counseling, etc.  This warning should be on the FRONT of the Application at the TOP!!!

NO ONE NEEDS $2600 TO RUIN THEIR LIFE!!




No comments:

Post a Comment

I always Love Comments - Please tell me How I am doing!!