Tuesday, April 29, 2014

A NEW WASHER FOR ME and TIPS FOR YOU!

Sunday my long-suffering and barely working washing machine died.  It would not spin - tried everything - even re-booting (unplug and plug back in).  Nothing worked.  Luckily I was washing my cleaning rags on a half load cycle.  I rung them out and threw them in the still working dryer.  Then we bailed the water.

Craig's List is always my friend.  So off I went to peruse the offerings after first leaving a message for my wonderful repair person Woody at G&H Appliance Repair.  I found an LG front loader in my price range and called - several times - I talked to a nice woman who said they were exceptionally busy and would get back to me with a delivery time - Monday at 10 am.

Monday came and with it a call from Debbie - Woody's wife.  "DO NOT BUY THE LG", were her first words.  I then learned that there are no parts for LG and even though they are rated high in Consumer's Reports - they were not repairable.  No parts - no repairs!  Buy a Whirlpool - or maybe the newer Maytag manufactured by Whirlpool.

Back to Craig's List - and there I found a posting for Appliance World in Garden Grove.  They were very smart too.  Didn't actually post their phone number, but directed me to Yelp where they had numerous 5-Star Reviews!!  The phone number and the name of the contact person Shane was there.

I called - Sean answered. He was very polite and helpful to this persnickety older woman!   I told him my requirements per Woody - a direct drive machine by Whirlpool.  Preferentially one with a 4.0 capacity.  He
texted me pictures of the Model and Serial Number from several machines he had.  After several calls back and forth with Woody and Debbie - who were very helpful and patient - I decided to get a Maytag manufactured by Whirlpool for Sears.  Delivered and set up the cost would be a little over $300.00

IMPORTANT TIP:   Sean also explained to me why I always had a residue buildup just under the rim of the washer - from using the Softener Dispenser built into the machine.  He said put the softener directly into the water - no build up and softer clothes!  He gave me several other tips which will be in the Coastal Breeze next month.

My machine was delivered and my laundry done by 4 pm!  What a great experience!  And now my clothes feel cleaner and they are much drier when they emerge from the washing machine!

Thanks to Sean 714.530.9551 and to Debbie and Woody 714.839.1944 !   I recommend all of them for any appliance needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always Love Comments - Please tell me How I am doing!!