Tuesday, April 15, 2014

A FEW LITTLE TIPS FOR TUESDAY!!

Sitting here enjoying my view from Kamps Island Flooring I am reminded of a few little notes I have taken to make my life easier and more fun!

Do you crave sweets after you eat meat?  Not being a big meat eater, when ever I ate a hamburger or other red meat I noticed I craved sugar.  This wasn't normal for me.  Unlike me other half, sugar isn't one of the things I love.  I really thought I was imagining things.  Nope.
My friend Kim Kane, nutrition coach, told me that that was not unusual.  It meant I wasn't getting enough protein in my diet.  Guess I need to up the beans and other legumes.
I did find, however, that once I was aware of the cause - I could out wait the craving.  Since sugar at night means a headache for me in the morning - that was a fabulous piece of advice.

Thin cups keep your drinks hotter.  Several years ago we had a woman from England staying in our apartment on Balboa Island.  We had an electric tea kettle, but the one thing she wanted was a thinner china mug.  We had lots of the big heavy duty ones that everyone uses.  "Why thinner?" I asked.  "Because the heat from the liquid is not absorbed by the thick mug - my tea stays hotter much longer."  Lesson learned.  I love my thin tea mug that she left behind.  My coffee stays warm a lot longer.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I always Love Comments - Please tell me How I am doing!!