Friday, March 28, 2014

AirBnb vs Roomorama



VS





I have always loved renting through AirBnb.  They are a class act and we have met people from all over the United States and the World!  It is fun and puts a little extra money in our pockets.

When we signed up with AirBnb I originally posted some of my own photographs.  They weren't the best I knew but AirBnb graciously accepted them and then sent a professional photographer.  The woman they sent was professional and took fabulous pictures of the interior and exterior of our home and the room for rent.

Recently I received an e-mail from Smarter Living Travel.  They suggested there was a new game in town - Roomorama.  A competitor to AirBnb.  When I looked at the site and saw there were few listings in our area I was up for it.  Couldn't hurt.

Apparently it could. Roomorama is not even in the same ballpark as AirBnb.  After doing the same listing with my own pictures that I did with AirBnb they sent me an e-mail.  Seemed my pictures weren't enough and probably weren't good enough.  Duh!!  And something even more troubling - they wanted me to scan my Photo ID and a bill in my name to my address to 'verify' the listing.  

I am a fiend about Identity theft.  I shred everything with my name and address on it - I don't put my Social Security on ANY forms.  I don't send my Photo ID into Ether-space.  I offered to have them verity through my AirBnb listing or Facebook or even my website.  We'll see what happens.  

In the meantime Roomorama needs to hire some photographers who will 'verify' when they come to take pictures. And not have me 'pay' for them.  They are going to make money from me - they need to spend a little themselves!  Maybe that is why there are so many fewer listings!




No comments:

Post a Comment

I always Love Comments - Please tell me How I am doing!!