Thursday, February 27, 2014

KOBE - SUPER DOG - SUPER FRIEND!!


Jim Ferguson and Kobe!

My friend Jim Ferguson recently lost his dog Kobe due to old age.  I think this 'tribute' on Facebook was a better obituary than most of us humans get.

"Thanks to everyone who took the time to say a few kind words about the loss of our dog Kobe. I've always said that my biggest tears have come with the passing of the family pet. This time was no different. Your words and thoughts were certainly appreciated.

Kobe was a untrained 24/7/365 eating machine!! He ate everything and anything. I once pulled a anchovy out of his mouth that a seagull most have dropped. He powered through a entire Costco chocolate cake. I know for certain he ate Grandpa's 1 day old hearing aids. I bet he consumed 20 bucks worth of quarters during his lifetime. If it wasn't locked down it was fair game. I read this morning that the economic impact to Dad's Doughnut's for the first quarter of 2014 could be as much as 8% of lost revenues due to Kobe's passing.

He got along with everyone and darn near everything. There was one Boxer on the island named Gus that he always growled at but never came to fighting. He even put up with the little white fluffy dogs barking and nipping at him.

I know everyone's dog is the greatest dog in the world and that's the way it should be. Kobe was the Greatest Dog in our World!

The last thing he whispered to me was you tell Gus the Boxer how he lucky he was that I never got off the leash or he would have kicked his ass!!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always Love Comments - Please tell me How I am doing!!