Tuesday, March 16, 2010

VINTAGE MG CLUB & BALBOA ISLAND FERRY LINE

Living on Agate has many benefits. On a regular basis we are visited by unusual cars Santas on Motorcycles, movie stars and car clubs of all types. Sunday was a beautiful day after a week of rain and the line was long. And in it there were a group of MGs. I love MGs. When I was in high school one of my friends had one and we used to run around in it and tear up the beach. These drivers were a bit older, but were having just as much fun.
Patti, my assistant, asked me why they were there sitting in the "forever line". I assumed that it was because it was a nice day and a fun place to park and talk with a bunch of like minded friends waiting to take the short hop over to the Peninsula. I did go out and ask though.
The couple I talked to was extremely friendly. The woman had a friend in high school who owned a 1952 MG just like the one her husband was driving. She and her friend used to come to the beach and cruise. I mentioned that it might be a "boy magnet" at that time. "Oh yes," she replied, "Especially if we opened the hood about 3" and said 'I don't know what is wrong - there is a strange noise!'" That really attracted a crowd of young men willing to help. I wish I had thought of that when I was a teenager!!
The MGs all belonged to the "Vintage MG Club" and were on a cruise to our Island across to the Peninsula, through Huntington and on to Sunset Beach. Just a nice, fun Sunday drive which they shared with us.

Just a reminder - the latest edition of the Island Breeze can be found at Wilma's, Hershey's, Island Flooring, and Barney's Barkery. We will be hand delivering it this week. And I apologize for the typos - my proof reader was sick and it definately shows. It is amazing how many times you can read your own writing and not see the errors of your ways.

Special apologies to Damon Burris and Mike McClure of Island Lights - they are ready to lighten your house for all your summer activities. I love the houses that have their white twinkling lights in the trees!!! Call them at 949.307.8613 and 949.903.9018.

The Island Breeze will be uploaded to www.balboa-island.com WITHOUT the errors today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always Love Comments - Please tell me How I am doing!!